- Two production units: an Ammonia plant and Urea Plant.
- Yara can transport ammonia and urea by sea, inland waterway, rail and road.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified factory.
Technical urea: reliable supplies and focus on quality
Yara is one of the world's leading producers of urea. It has 30 factories across the globe, including our principal sites in Le Havre in France, Sluiskil in the Netherlands, and Brünsbuttel in Germany which supply our client's needs. This unique production base guarantees reliability in supplying technical urea throughout the whole of the UK & Ireland, for all industrial applications.
Yara supplies technical urea in the form of prills with or without anti-caking agent, according to your needs. Our Granular urea is used as a fertiliser.
You can find more information on our urea for agriculture fertilizer and crop nutrition programs.
Our focus on quality enables us to respond to our client's varied requirements for technical urea.
The various uses of technical urea
Technical urea has many uses. Yara is the UK & Irish market's number one supplier of technical urea for animal feed and resin manufacture, as well as serving customers in a range of other industries. You can submit an order to us for the following uses, for delivery anywhere in the UK & Ireland:
- Urea for glue and resins: we supply technical urea to the wood panel board industry for use as a basic raw material in the production of chip board, mdf, laminate flooring and decorative laminates for furniture manufacture.
- Urea for the wood industry: Yara's urea is used mainly in binders for MDF (medium density fibre), raw particle boards and thin particle boards.
- Urea for the health and beauty products industry: Urea is used as a humectant in, moisturising lotions and creams, depilatory creams and shampoos. Urea supplied by Yara is a technical grade product, and can be supplied as "pure" untreated urea produced in factory environments which are approved to FAMI-QS standard. It is the responsibility of the customer to satisfy themselves whether urea purchased from Yara is suitable for their requirements in the segment – no explicit warranties will be provided by the supplier for usage in this segment.
- Other industrial applications: Urea for metal treatment, tanneries, water treatment (as a source of nitrogen), the construction and civil engineering industry (as a binder for insulation), and winter solutions (snow-clearing and de-icing).
Urea for animal feed
The quality approach undertaken by Yara in the production of urea for animal feed has, for 20 years, enabled us to provide farmers in the UK & Ireland with top-quality products commercialised under the brand name of Rumisan. Our facilities at Seaham comply with the Agricultural Industries Confederation Feed Materials Assurance Scheme (FEMAS) as well as being included in our ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 certification.
Animal feed urea is a nutritional additive used in diets for ruminant livestock such as cattle, sheep and goats. As a non-protein nitrogen source, urea cannot be utilised directly by the animal. Instead it helps feed the microbes in the rumen, providing ammonia for bacterial protein synthesis, so promoting feed digestibility and intake. Urea, at 46% nitrogen, has a theoretical crude protein content of 288% and is therefore very effective at increasing the protein level in ruminant rations.
Producing technical urea
Urea is produced by the reaction of Ammonia with carbon dioxide to form a hot “melt”. When mixed with water, this hot-melt liquid becomes an aqueous urea solution or a raw material for producing urea granules or prills.
- Urea prills are small spherical particles used as technical urea in many industrial applications. Yara can supply you with urea prills with or without anti-caking agent, according to your needs
- Granular urea is used as a fertiliser.
Yara supplies technical urea for the world markets from a number of Production plants with its principle sites being: Brunsbüttel, Germany; LeHavre, France, and Sluiskil in The Netherlands.
- Two production units: an Ammonia factory and a urea factory.
- Yara can transport Ammonia and urea to its clients by sea, rail or road.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS certified factory.
- Two urea factories on a site that also has Ammonia, CO2 and nitric acid production
- Capacity was increased in 2011 to respond to the growing demand for technical urea and AdBlue®
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS certified factory.
Yara's main factories in Brunsbüttel, Le Havre and Sluiskil supply the UK & Ireland markets with urea via our international terminals at Seaham and Dundee, as well as directly to customer port facilities in Birkenhead and Cork. We also have our unique back up supply network to ensure quality product is always reliably delivered.
The importance of a product with consistent quality
Yara is committed to maintaining the quality of urea prills throughout the entire process of manufacturing, handling, storing and delivering its technical urea. This quality is particularly important for our clients in the pharmaceutical, agri-food and animal feed industries. Our quality focus enables us to respond to our clients' varied requirements for storing, handling and using technical urea.